Community Table Training Series
Sponsored by Anthem Medicaid
The Coalition for the Homeless is proud to partner with Anthem Medicaid to offer a year-long, bi-weekly training series for case managers and others working with our neighbors facing homelessness and housing insecurity. Each webinar will take place at noon on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month from July 2022 through June 2023. Sessions will be led by experts in their field who present through a trauma-informed, racial equity lens.
Upcoming Community Table Sessions
- December 7: Homeless Veterans (Coletta Brown)
- December 21: Serving DV/SA/HT Populations (Elizabeth Vera and Dr. Sandra Baca)
- January 4: Substance Use (NHCH)
- January 18: Severe Mental Illness (NHCH)
- February 1: Aging Populations (NHCH)
Past Community Table Sessions
- Advocacy through Stories of Self, Us, and Now with George Eklund (7/6/22) – view recording
- Community and Systems Level Advocacy with Celine Mutuyemariya (7/20/22) – view recording
- Client Advocacy Panel with Rachel Spetz, Tiny Herron, & Nikki Thornton (8/3/22) – view recording
- You Are Worthy of Care with Cory Lockhart (8/17/22) – view recording
- Practicing Presence with Onyxe Antara (9/7/22) – view recording
- Foster Care Youth & Homelessness with Nikki Thornton and Jeff Culver (10/19/22) – view recording
- Homelessness in the LGBTQ+ Population with Martel Okonji (10/26/22) – view recording
- Serving Sex Offenders with Elizabeth Vera (11/2/22) – view recording
- Serving Immigrant, Refugee & Undocumented Populations with Emilie Dyer (11/16/22) – view recording
Quarter 2 (October, November, December) Focus Topic: Serving Special Populations
Attendees will learn about resources and tools for better serving special populations, including veterans, those facing domestic violence or sexual assault, youth, LGBTQIA+ persons, the aging, those with substance use disorders, individuals with severe and persistent mental illness or other mental health challenges, those re-entering from the justice system, sex offenders, and others.
Quarter 3 (January, February, March) Focus Topic: Housing-Focused Solutions, Part 1
Attendees will learn best practices and resources related to rapid re-housing, program engagement, and Housing First principles.
Quarter 4 (April, May, June) Focus Topic: Housing-Focused Solutions Part 2: Services
Attendees will explore services and resources to help our neighbors get back on their feet, including mental health, employment, Medicaid, childcare, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and strategies for reducing the length of time clients experience homelessness.
Stay tuned for more information! If you would like to suggest a topic or a speaker, email Danielle Lortz at email@example.com.