Links to our two HMIS Databases:
- The HMIS Training Site: https://sp5.servicept.com/kentucky_demo
- The HMIS Live Site: https://kyhomeless.servicept.com
HMIS Workflow Videos
NOTE: the typical HMIS user will watch the “CoC and ESG Workflow”, the “How to create a new client record in HMIS” video and the “Subassessments: Utilizing the “HUD Verification” feature to manage Income, Health Insurance, Disabilities and Non-Cash Benefits” video.
Be sure to read the below descriptions to make certain you watch the appropriate videos. Some of the videos are long and contain a LOT of information. It is recommended that you take some breaks during the video so as not to get overwhelmed. Additionally, at the bottom of this page under “HMIS Resource Documents”, you will find .docx versions of the workflows. Use these documents to help you acclimate to HMIS.
- CoC & ESG Workflow Training Video
For Louisville HMIS Projects focusing on smaller emergency shelters, transitional housing, street outreach, supportive services only and permanent supportive housing.
- The Common Assessment Staff Workflow Training Video
Utilized by Family Health Center’s Common Assessment Team.
- ShelterPoint Workflow Training Video
This workflow is specific to the Salvation Army, St. Vincent DePaul and Wayside larger emergency shelters. Louisville day shelter projects also use ShelterPoint.
ShelterPoint is HMIS’ bed management module. It is used to expedite the entry and exit into Louisville’s high volume men and women’s shelters. Note: smaller emergency shelter projects most likely do NOT use ShelterPoint. They would use the CoC and ESG Workflow.
- Single Point of Entry Call Center Workflow
This workflow is specific to the Coalition for the Homeless’ Single Point of Entry project. It is intended for Coalition for the Homeless staff.
- Subassessments: Utilizing the “HUD Verification” feature to manage Income, Health Insurance, Disabilities and Non-Cash Benefits.
- How to create a new client record in HMIS.
- How to create a Household in HMIS.
- How to log Service Transactions in HMIS.
- How to reset an HMIS User’s Password.
- How to create a new Household Member AND add them successfully to an existing project entry.
HMIS Resource Documents
KYHMIS Library of Docs/Resoures via Kentucky Housing Corporation
(Privacy forms, Releases of Information, HMIS Data Standards, Interim Update FAQs, etc…)
CoC and ESG Workflow (for CoC and ESG funded projects) (Word)
Common Assessment Workflow (Word)
ShelterPoint Workflow 2018 (Word)
SkanPoint Tutorial (expedited tool used for logging services for a list of clients)