[button link=”https://louisvilletickets.com/events/1st-annual-craft-beer-throwdown” type=”button” bgcolor=”#FCB514″ textcolor=”#444F51″ target=”_self” lightbox=”false” tooltip=””]GET TICKETS[/button]
Please join us at the first annual Craft Beer Throwdown on Thursday, September 7, from 6-10pm, in the beautiful Bowman Field Hangar (2700 Gast Blvd, Louisville, KY 40205)! Six local breweries will offer a taste of a new craft brew at the event, and each will also have other beers on tap for sale.
Participating breweries include Against the Grain Brewery, Falls City Brewing Company, Great Flood Brewing Company, Holsopple Brewing, Mile Wide Beer Company, and Monnik Beer Company, and fare will be available for purchase from local food trucks Moe-licious BBQ, Zoom Zoom Yum, and Steel City Pops. The event is presented by Kosair Charities and supporting sponsor White Picket Real Estate.
Here are the new beers to be offered at the Craft Beer Throwdown:
- Falls City Brewing Company: “Y’all” – with a name that pays homage to our Kentucky roots, this beer is a bourbon barrel-aged chocolate pecan brown ale.
- Great Flood Brewing Company: Citra IPA – a balanced and citrusy beer, orange in color, with aroma of mango, orange, lime, and lemon through Citra hop dry-hopping. It also features notes of caramel by its malt bill.
- Holsopple Brewing: A Northeast IPA with a creamy yellow appearance created by interactions between hops, oat lipids, and yeast. The aroma contains hints of lemon and orange zest followed by a slight earthy pine. The oats provide a full-mouth feel while allowing the hop flavors to remain the focus throughout the sip.
- Monnik Beer Company: “Never Be Gold” – a brandy barrel-aged barleywine aged in a Copper & Kings brandy barrel for one year.
- Mile Wide Brewing: “Tuck Rule” – a soft and juicy Northeast-Style IPA, dry-hopped with Citra and Amarillo hops.
(And Against the Grain Brewery will be competing with a surprise beer, because they like to keep people guessing!)
For a $20 suggested donation, participants can taste the unique brews from all six breweries and vote on the winner! Make a donation and get tickets here. Breweries are also bringing their other offerings for purchase for $5, and $1 of each purchase goes back to the Coalition; the food trucks are also donating 10% of their sales back to the Coalition.
The Craft Beer Throwdown was created by the Coalition for the Homeless Associate Board to raise funds to prevent and end homelessness in Louisville. We hope that participants will enjoy themselves while also meeting other young professionals in our community, all while raising funds to prevent and end youth homelessness in Louisville.
In January of 2017, the Coalition for the Homeless and 50 community partners collaborated to create the Louisville Plan to Prevent and End Youth Homelessness. Through this plan, the Coalition and its partners will address the needs of 838 homeless youth in our community, helping them move from the streets to permanent housing. All proceeds from this event will support these important efforts. Learn more and get involved here.
Please note that for the safety of our guests, no dogs are allowed at this event.