[/responsive]BUY TICKETS TODAY for the best fundraiser of the holiday season: it’s the sixth annual Give-A-Jam to End Homelessness!
Give-A-Jam will be held on Tuesday, December 20, at 6pm at the Clifton Center (2117 Payne St, Louisville, KY 40206).
What Is Give-A-Jam?
Give-A-Jam brings together dozens of talented local musicians, soups and stews crafted by eight of Louisville’s best restaurants, and silent auction items donated by skilled local artists and businesses. Above all, it is a community event where every Louisvillian can do something to end homelessness—all while enjoying music, soups, and great company.
This year, participating bands include:
- Billy Goat Strut Revue
- Small Time Napoleon
- Tanita Gaines
- Bluegrass Meets Jazz, featuring Michael Cleveland, Craig Wagner, Steve Cooley, Stephen Couch, and Danny Kiely
- Tyrone Cotton
- Relic, featuring the Bibelhauser Brothers
- Hound of the Buskervilles
- John Gage
In 2016, participating restaurants include Jack Fry’s, Volare, Lilly’s, Shady Lane Cafe, Buck’s, Crave Cafe and Catering, The Irish Rover, and Uptown Cafe, plus rolls from Panera Bread (Poplar Level)!
What Makes Give-A-Jam Unique?
Because everything is donated, 100% of the proceeds go to supporting the Coalition’s collaborative Rx: Housing initiatives to maintain an end for veteran homelessness and to end chronic homelessness in Louisville. These efforts have been remarkably successful: there are fewer than 100 chronically homeless people in Louisville today, and nearly every single identified homeless veteran was provided with resources and housing in 2015, with our partners keeping up the efforts to house the 25-30 veterans who become homeless each month in Louisville.
How Can I Get Involved?
1) Buy your tickets today! Tickets cost only $20 in advance (vs. $25 at the door), and they include $10 in food and drink tickets. The event sold out last year and we expect the same this year! Buy yours here.
2) Volunteer. Give-A-Jam relies heavily on volunteers to be a success. To see volunteer opportunities and to sign up, click here. Not only will you be contributing to our efforts to end homelessness, but you’ll also get free entry to the event and a Give-A-Jam t-shirt!
3) Donate an auction item or a dessert. We are seeking great auction items as well as baked goods for dessert! If you can contribute either, contact Natalie Harris or Catherine McGeeney to sign up and coordinate dropping off the items.