HUD: Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Fiscal Year 2016
Attention, Louisville Continuum of Care! HUD has released the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 Continuum of Care Program Competition here. The FY 2016 CoC Consolidated Application and Project Applications will be released shortly in e-snaps.
For project applications, the final submission deadline is midnight on Monday night, August 15, 2016. Project approval notice will be sent to the project applicants on Tuesday, August 30, 2016. For information about new projects, please scroll to the next section.
The CoC submission deadline is midnight on Monday, September 12, 2016. The HUD submission deadline is Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 7:59 p.m.
New project opportunities through 2016 NOFA
There are new project opportunities (reallocation and bonus projects alike) through the 2016 NOFA.
Reallocation projects notes:
- Reallocation to new permanent supported housing projects where all beds are dedicated to chronically homeless individuals and families;
- Reallocation to new rapid re-housing projects for homeless individuals and families who enter directly from the streets or emergency shelters and youth up to age 24;
- Reallocation to a new supportive services only project specifically for a centralized or coordinated assessment system; and
- Reallocation to a dedicated HMIS to the HMIS lead.
Bonus projects notes:
- Permanent supported housing for 100% chronically homeless;
- Rapid re-housing to serve individuals coming from the street or emergency shelter, including those fleeing DV situations;
- The amount available is $447,058, 5% of the Annual Renewal Demand; and
- More than one project can be applied for with the bonus as long as the cumulative funding amount does not exceed $447,058 (5% of the Annual Renewal Demand).
If you’re interested in applying for this funding or in learning more, please contact Mary Frances Schafer by email or by phone at (502) 636-9550 x14.
Please note: for a full understanding of the requirements, please read the full NOFA here.