Rally Point Kentuckiana is bringing our community together to rally around our heroes for a day dedicated to helping veterans and three veterans charities: Active Heroes, the Coalition for the Homeless, and Where Opportunity Knox.
There are two events being held on June 23, 2016:
- The Veterans Resource Fair will be held on Thursday, June 23, from 10am to 3pm at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts in Whitney Hall. The resource fair is free and will provide veterans an ability to meet with service providers as well as employers. A flyer with more details can be found here. Please invite all veterans seeking assistance or jobs to participate! Interested veterans can register here.
- The Rally For Our Heroes speaker event will be held on Thursday, June 23, from 6:30 to 9:30pm. Tickets start at $25 and can be bought here, and all proceeds benefit the Coalition for the Homeless, Active Heroes, and Where Opportunity Knox. The line-up includes:
- Keynote speaker Woody Williams, last surviving recipient of the Medal of Honor from Iwo Jima
- Lee Woodruff, Master of Ceremonies, national news correspondent and co-author of NYT bestseller In an Instant about her husband’s recovery following an injury in Iraq
- Derrek Herrera, motivational speaker and former Marine Special Operations Officer
- Jose Sarduy, comedian, Air Force Academy grad, and Iraq veteran
- Greg Fischer, Louisville Mayor
- Heather French Henry, Deputy Commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs, will sing the national anthem
- Special musical performance by the “Arts in Healing” program at the Kentucky Center
We hope to see many of you there! If you work with homeless veterans, please invite them to join us.